Recipe of the Month
Apple & Berry Crumble
6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled & cores removed
¼ cup Caster Sugar
2 cups Frozen Mixed Berries
60g Butter, chilled, cubed
¾ cup flaked Oats
½ cup Flour
½ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp of Honey
1 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven 180°C, grease 6 small ovenproof dishes / ramekins.
- Thinly slice apples & place into a saucepan over medium heat. Add caster Sugar, stir until the sugar dissolves. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Stir in the Berries and spoon the mixture into the dishes.
- Rub the butter into the flour util the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add in the oats, breadcrumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon & Honey and mix well.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit, bake for 30 minutes until crumble is golden.
- Served warm with Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.