Recipe of the Month
Stuffed Breast of Chicken with Pudding over Caramelised Red Onion & Whiskey Mushroom Sauce
2 Chicken Breasts
100g of Black Pudding,
2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
1 tsp Chopped Parsley
Quarter pint of Cream
2 red Onions
200mls of Port Wine
50g of Brown Sugar
Salt & pepper
Half pint of Demi-Glace Sauce (Gravy)
To Make the Stuffing
- Put into a mixer the black pudding, the mustard parsley and half of the cream, season with salt and pepper. Mix it together until it forms a paste.
To Stuff the Chicken
- Make an incision on the side of the breast of chicken to make it as a butterfly shape. Stuff with the black pudding stuffing and close it back together. Cook it in the oven for 20mins at 175°C.
To make the Caramelised Red Onion
- Cut the onions in half and slice it into thick slices. Place in a saucepan with the port wine and sugar. Sauté over a low heat until caramelised
To Make the Whiskey & Mushroom Sauce
- Slice the mushrooms, Fry them with a bit of butter into a saucepan, deglaze with the whiskey and reduce the liquid to ¼ , then pour the Demi-glace into it and reduce to 3/4. Pour the rest of the cream and boil for 2 min.
- Put the Caramelised Onion in the middle of the plate, place the Chicken on the top and surround with the Sauce.